6 European Car Repair and Maintenance Tips
European car upkeep often focuses on the transmission and the engine of the vehicle. When these key components are operating as they should, then owners receive the combination of performance and luxury they expect from these imports. To ensure European cars are able to perform, it is important to keep as close as possible to the manufacturer’s schedule of routine maintenance. This is one of the best ways to avoid costly repairs. Here are some additional upkeep tips to think about as well:
How to Maintain Your European Car Properly
- Keep the engine from overheating. Regularly inspect your vehicle for coolant leaks. Report any unusual changes in how the vehicle performs immediately and repair any leaks as soon as possible.
- Maintain oil viscosity. Make sure your European vehicle receives its scheduled oil changes. If you live in a dusty area or do a lot of stop-and-start driving, consider bringing in your vehicle for an oil change before its scheduled time.
- Replace the transmission seal and filter. Replacing these items on-schedule will ensure your transmission continues to operate properly. Make sure you’re checking transmission fluid levels and having the sludge removed on a regular basis.
- Visit an authorized professional at Jeff’s Auto Repair. If you do need a repair be sure to visit a service center that is authorized by the manufacturer to complete the work that must be done.
- Remove contaminants immediately. Salt will corrode your vehicle. Bird droppings and other environmental debris can damage the exterior of your vehicle as well. Remove them as soon as possible.
- Rotate and balance your tires. Proper performance requires consistent tire performance. Have your tires regularly inspected and rotated as part of your regularly scheduled maintenance.
There Are Dealership Alternatives
Once your vehicle is out of warranty, heading to the dealership for your regularly scheduled maintenance or the occasional repair can become a costly experience. Thankfully, there are alternatives for you to consider. Visit one of the five Jeff’s Auto Repair shops throughout the Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA Metropolitan Area: Lynnwood, Seattle Sandpoint, Seattle Windermere, Renton, or Bellevue. That way, you can have confidence in the quality of the workmanship while enjoying the luxury and performance of your vehicle all year long.