Why You Need Tune-Ups
Protect Peak Performance
Cars require consistent maintenance to stay in peak condition. Maybe the cars of the future won’t need regular maintenance but for now, drivers still need to visit an auto shop for tune-ups if they want to keep their car running newer for longer. At Jeff’s Auto Repair in Renton, Washington, our customers often ask us why tune-ups are necessary. We are diving into the details of this service to demonstrate how your vehicle benefits.
- Engine Coolant is drained and replaced to prevent corrosion and overheating.
- Power Steering Fluid is changed to protect smooth steering and prevent premature part failure.
- Engine Oil is replaced for proper lubrication of parts and to control engine temperatures.
- Oil Filter is changed to remove contaminants and prevent restriction.
- Transmission Fluid & Filter are changed to prevent shifting problems, including sticking gears, and remove trapped contaminants.
- Fuel Filter becomes restricted by dirt and water and must be changed.
- Engine Air Filter cleans the air burned by the engine and must be checked at every oil change and replaced when necessary.
Cleaning & Replacement
- Throttle Body & Fuel Injector is cleaned to make sure fuel flows into the engine properly and burns evenly.
- Spark Plug, Wire, & Distributor Cap are replaced to ensure they continue functioning properly, allowing a strong spark to ignite fuel in the engine cylinder.
As you can see, a lot is included in a tune-up service. It’s a time to check on your car’s condition and refresh components that contribute to its proper function, ensuring they continue to do so for miles to come. Drivers who don’t get regular tune-ups don’t get the protection offered by fluid changes and minor parts replacements. Their components age, sustain damage, and may fail entirely, which negatively impacts their car’s performance and power. The life of your car could even be shortened by skipping this service! Getting a tune-up today at Jeff’s Auto Repair in Renton, Washington will secure a future of healthy driving for your vehicle!
Leave a Reply